Quote:

while i can enjoy the fact that its an end of an era,,, i'm not going to slop down 45K, to own it to stick it in my garage, and brag to everyone, that i have the last (maybe) of the v coded cars,,, not my cup of tea,, i'm sure there are alot of buyers,, who need to swag,, some nuttys, to impress there friends,,,, thats who your buyers are going to be...(watch Barrett Jackson,, you'll spot them) and good for them,, if i was loaded,, i buy pure cars. the motor missing is a downer for me,, but i can appreciate what the cars is,, but my money will stay in the 68-70 b bodies,and 70-71 e bodies cars.

I would have to disagree with this statement. When I buy a car, I really couldn't care at all about impressing someone else. This car interests me for what it is, not how I could impress someone else with it....

Quote:

How can you say NOM is not going to be a penalty in this case? The only people interested in spending big bucks on this car are going to be the numbers nazis, and if they're paying all these big bucks for a car with some special numbers stamped in a few pieces of sheet metal, why wouldn't NOM be a penalty? If you're selling a car with a non-original 318 in it, okay whatever, nobody cares that much. But when it's the last 6-pack car and the original engine is missing, that is a bit of a let down.

Because there is no other car to compare with this....where are you going to find a numbers matching 72 road runner with a 440+6? Yes that would be even more desireable IF there were one out there....

addict:to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively ....hmmmm