Quote:

I fully agree with your end of an era statement but the rest is comparing apples to oranges. As we all know the E bodies remained relatively the same. The later B bodies changed quite a bit! It's an acquired taste. I for one don't really like the 71 and up B's but I chose to keep my comments to myself (until now).

No offense Jon, but this is yet another 'I don't like this...' response that I just do not see the point of.

The same 'acquired taste' could be applied to 63 Plymouths. If I ran across a thread discussing a one of one 63 Plymouth, I wouldn't feel the need to add my response and say I don't like that style because of whatever reasoning. What would the point be of such a comment?

I'd love to see the reaction members who post these types of comments would get if they did the same but in a face to face scenario. Say a group of people were in a garage some place surrounding a car discussing how rare it is since it wasn't supposed to have been built but it was clearly legitimate and these people were genuinely interested in it. Somebody walks in, says something along the following:

This car just doesn't have the 'it' for me, but a 'insert your favourite year/style here' does because of 'insert your reasoning here'.

or

These cars are an acquired taste and I don't like them.

What do you think the people interested in the car would think? Really, what would you think of someone doing it to you when your discussing something you like? In such an example that type of person would be dismissed (politely or impolitely).

Easily 50% of the responses to this thread have absolutely nothing positive or constructive to add to this discussion. The only positive I can come up with is to that member's post count.

Mike.