Quote:

Quote:

I'd love to see the reaction members who post these types of comments would get if they did the same but in a face to face scenario. Say a group of people were in a garage some place surrounding a car discussing how rare it is since it wasn't supposed to have been built but it was clearly legitimate and these people were genuinely interested in it. Somebody walks in, says something along the following:

This car just doesn't have the 'it' for me, but a 'insert your favourite year/style here' does because of 'insert your reasoning here'.

or

These cars are an acquired taste and I don't like them.

What do you think the people interested in the car would think? Really, what would you think of someone doing it to you when your discussing something you like? In such an example that type of person would be dismissed (politely or impolitely).

Easily 50% of the responses to this thread have absolutely nothing positive or constructive to add to this discussion. The only positive I can come up with is to that member's post count.

Mike.

So what's your point?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you or anyone else likes it or not. I've done exactly what you say above , say something isn't my cup of tea in a group, I didn't get tied to a stake and burned or tared and feathered ... nor did I get dismissed impolitely.

As far as I'm concerned Chrysler didn't build much that interests me after 1969, there are a few cars I like between 70 and 72 , nothing really after that ...

My point is if you have nothing positive to add, why are you adding your two cents?

There are plenty of times I've seen posts go into a pi$$ing match because of this and either the original purpose of the post is given up on, locked or just deleted altogether.

I never said you aren't entitled to your opinion. To feel the need to voice your opinion whether others like it or not really doesn't make any sense to me other than those that do this are looking for attention.

If you want to discuss this further John, PM me.

Mike.