Quote:

How can you say NOM is not going to be a penalty in this case? The only people interested in spending big bucks on this car are going to be the numbers nazis, and if they're paying all these big bucks for a car with some special numbers stamped in a few pieces of sheet metal, why wouldn't NOM be a penalty? If you're selling a car with a non-original 318 in it, okay whatever, nobody cares that much. But when it's the last 6-pack car and the original engine is missing, that is a bit of a let down.

A bit of a let down? sure OK. Worth less than with the original motor? sure, I'll agree to that too.......but now go find one WITH the original motor.......oh wait, nevermind there aren't any. The car is the only 1972 440-6 Roadrunner there is whether it has the original block or not.

This whole discussion makes me wonder just how many Hemi and 440-6 cars still have their original motors.... Oh well, as I've said before; I think the value that Mopar guys place on the #'s block is a carryover from the Corvette world where it actually meant something useful.

Dave

Last edited by DPelletier; 12/21/11 09:31 PM.

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]