Quote:

Question????

Since many bring up this is a 72 and even being what it is makes it worth less then some....what about the Red 73 Pilot Charger Car complete and running for approx 10k here on moparts.

Of course not a V code car but a rare car, and seems it was or is a hard sell at 10k.

With this 72 not having the org motor ect at 35 plus K I must ask where is the line drawn on incorrect cars of any body style.

As time goes on it seems more and more are willing to accept a non matching car, a clone when in my simple opinion all these cars are like a watered down drink.

Is the car really worth the big money without the org motor?

I really feel the only mopars still worth the big money are the correct # matching, fender tag correct cars because they have earned there worth either by luck, or care of the prior owner.

All the rest is just the watered down drink....As much as I like and would like to own the 72 here, isnt it really one would be buying whats left of the last 72 v code car as in reality isnt it just part of the org car it was at one time.

Of coures another correct unstamped "warrenty" block could pop up but is there facts to support this on the majority of cars with this claim...no.

What people feel the car is worth and what one is will to lay out in cash is very much wo different things.

I say just as others, yes ebay sucks but its a good way to gauge the market value world wide...Id toss it on the bag and let it run with a high reserve, your highest bidder clearly will be the one who wants the car the most and if it dont hit your reserve you still have a real world figure to consider.

Oh what the heck, I'm bored anyway;

- there is no comparison whatsoever to the '73 car you are referring to for several reasons: 1) '72's are the same car as '71's except for MINOR cosmetic changes whereas '73's are .....well not and are way less desireable. 2) One is a 440-6 car and the other isn't. 3) Pilot cars, first and lasts, etc. are interesting but the '72 V code car is worth alot because it's one of 2,3 or 4 built and it's the only one left as far as we know.

- A clone is a totally different thing than a NOM car. A coronet deluxe dressed up like a Superbee is a clone, a Superbee missing it's original motor is still a Superbee. The whole #'s thing is WAY overblown with Mopars.......a 383 is a 383, a 440 is a 440 and a 426 street hemi is a 426 street hemi....all of them are pretty much the same and there are no special blocks and other things like Brand X hipo motors have compared to the low perf. stuff. PLUS Mopars have the engine right in the VIN so you don't need a #'s block to tell you what you have. An original FT, Broadcast sheet or other documentation is a million times more important than the #'s motor IMO. .....and for the record my 440-6 car has the numbers motor.....hope I don't window the block racing it.

- there is no "what's left of the last '72 V code car", it is a car that appears alot more solid than most.

.....other than all that, I agree with you completely!

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]