Quote:

I have to say something here, I bought my first Mopar when I was 20, It was a 73 Satellite that I bought off a dealer used car lot from a friend I knew who was a salesman there. Not long after getting that car painted and selling it I bought the first of many 72 B-bodies. After that I was hooked, Don't ask me why 72's it just happened. So as a 72 owner you want the best 72 you could get, therefore as far as literature was concerned it would have to be a 72 6 pack car. Little did I know that was a very hard car to find. I would check every 72 RR I saw and could never find one. At the Nats in the early 80's I walked by Galens booth and saw his paper for a 72 6 pack registry, so I asked him about them. That is when he informed me that he had only found 1 RR and 2 Chargers. Needles to say that sorta takes the wind out of your sails. I stayed in contact with Galen just in case another car turned up. None did, 1 Day I get home from work and my then present wife said Galen called and I needed to call him. I said I had enough cars and didn't need another one. At the time I had the Superbird, a 72 400 Sky Blue RR that I had restored that you night have seen in magazines, I had a Black 72 440 RR/GTX and I has a General Lee from the TV show. She then told me that the 6 pack car was for sale. Of course I called, That weekend a very good friend of mine that worked for an airline flew down and took pictures. When he got back it was all I could do waiting for the pics from the photo store to be developed. Needless to say we struck a deal, people told me I was crazy paying that much for the car, I didn't care. It was my DREAM car and I wasn't missing it. I sold the 440 car and went and got it. Not long after I got divorced started drag racing and liked it much better than sitting in a field with a restored car. That was 17 years ago, I have had a few people who know about the car and a couple of them stay in touch if I ever wanted to get rid of it. I asked how much it is worth because sometimes lately I am not sure I will ever do the car. TO be honest I have turned down $35,000 more than once in the past 10 years. It has never been about the money. Even now if I do decide to sell the car it might not go to the highest bidder, it might go to who I think will restore the car the way it deserves.

As far as being a 72 Well It is still the last built Mopar 6 pack car known to exist. I have heard all the stories about other cars, I chased them for years, no one to this day has shown me a fendar tag or Dash VIN Tag that shows me there is another one.

Ok Flame on, give me your best shot.

Larry

GREAT STORY always good to hear another real mopar nut and how it hit ya, yes this car needs to get done and good home in the usa

MOPAR OR NO CAR