I have to say something here, I bought my first Mopar when I was 20, It was a 73 Satellite that I bought off a dealer used car lot from a friend I knew who was a salesman there. Not long after getting that car painted and selling it I bought the first of many 72 B-bodies. After that I was hooked, Don't ask me why 72's it just happened. So as a 72 owner you want the best 72 you could get, therefore as far as literature was concerned it would have to be a 72 6 pack car. Little did I know that was a very hard car to find. I would check every 72 RR I saw and could never find one. At the Nats in the early 80's I walked by Galens booth and saw his paper for a 72 6 pack registry, so I asked him about them. That is when he informed me that he had only found 1 RR and 2 Chargers. Needles to say that sorta takes the wind out of your sails. I stayed in contact with Galen just in case another car turned up. None did, 1 Day I get home from work and my then present wife said Galen called and I needed to call him. I said I had enough cars and didn't need another one. At the time I had the Superbird, a 72 400 Sky Blue RR that I had restored that you night have seen in magazines, I had a Black 72 440 RR/GTX and I has a General Lee from the TV show. She then told me that the 6 pack car was for sale. Of course I called, That weekend a very good friend of mine that worked for an airline flew down and took pictures. When he got back it was all I could do waiting for the pics from the photo store to be developed. Needless to say we struck a deal, people told me I was crazy paying that much for the car, I didn't care. It was my DREAM car and I wasn't missing it. I knew he had already sent in for sale adds to Hemmings and MCG and possibly more so I paid him what he was asking. I sold the 440 car and went and got it. Not long after I got divorced started drag racing and liked it much better than sitting in a field with a restored car. That was 17 years ago, I have had a few people who know about the car and a couple of them stay in touch if I ever wanted to get rid of it. I asked how much it is worth because sometimes lately I am not sure I will ever do the car. To be honest I have turned down $35,000 more than once in the past 10 years and at that price I am not losing money. It has never been about the money. Even now if I do decide to sell the car it might not go to the highest bidder, it might go to who I think will restore the car the way it deserves.

As far as being a 72 Well It is still the last built Mopar 6 pack car known to exist. I have heard all the stories about other cars, I chased them for years, no one to this day has shown me a fendar tag or Dash VIN Tag that shows me there is another one.

Ok Flame on, give me your best shot.

Larry