Not a big fan of the 71 and newer B-bodies however I can appreciate the significance of this car.

Add the decent color and sunroof this car has very good potential.

The OP has some idea of the value to him and it would appear to be well north of $35,000 as he did not negotiate a sale on two offers of that amount. I do not think those offers were too far off the market at the present time for a project like this.

Numbers matching is not significant to me when we are talking low production numbers (below 50) for a high performance car. They were built to be abused and most were and most lost their original engines. Expect it was abused and damaged and if they are matching it is a bonus. ie no penalty or discount for NOM.

Assumming this car only needs light body work I would suggest the project would be worth up to $50,000 to the right buyer that had to have it.

The problem you run into for most potential buyers would be that adding the restoration cost to the entry price would push the investment in this car to a level where they would have a very broad range of choices of some awesome cars.

Awesome car and I hope it gets back on the road soon.

'.. it was long ago and it was far away, and it was so much better than it is today..'
Jim Steinman