Quote:

Quote:

E-bodies did not fare well during the 71-72 transition either, IMO and others would agree. I think E-bodies fared far worse in the 71-72 transition than the B-Bodies did.

How so? The cuda had a different grille and tail lights, but the changes were not bad looking by any means. The challenger got the sad mouth grille, but I would say that is comparable to the bulky looking rear bumper the 72 plymouths had.

Again- just IMO regardng E-body vs. B-Body for MY 1972 changes, based on my feelings and others I've talked with over the years. I believe many 1971 Plymouth B-Body people would 'live with' a 1972. I do not believe as many 1971 Plymouth E-Body owners would 'live with' a 1972. Nothing against any cars, or any years. Nothing more to say: this thread needs to remain on course.
Quote:

Quote:

Numbers matching is not significant to me when we are talking low production numbers (below 50) for a high performance car. They were built to be abused and most were and most lost their original engines. Expect it was abused and damaged and if they are matching it is a bonus. ie no penalty or discount for NOM.

How can you say NOM is not going to be a penalty in this case? The only people interested in spending big bucks on this car are going to be the numbers nazis, and if they're paying all these big bucks for a car with some special numbers stamped in a few pieces of sheet metal, why wouldn't NOM be a penalty? If you're selling a car with a non-original 318 in it, okay whatever, nobody cares that much. But when it's the last 6-pack car and the original engine is missing, that is a bit of a let down.

I'll allow BS27R1B to respond should he desire.

I do agree that NOM is a penalty, but the car in question here is still quite valuable regardless.

Ed
EastCoast Land Yacht Assoc.
1967 Newport Conv: 440/4 speed
1969 GTX: 440/4 speed, TX9/TX9, A34, N96
1970 Super Bee: 383/4 speed, B5/B7
1970 Coronet RT: 440/4 speed, A34, N96
1970 Coronet RT: 440/auto, A36, N96
1970 Road Runner convertible: 383/4 speed TX9/D6XW
1970 GTX: 440+6/727, A32, N96
2001 Dodge 2500 HO CTD, 6 speed, 4x4 quad cab long bed
"The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese".