Quote:

Quote:

After Jeff Johnson’s Chrysler Classic Events cancelled the experiment in, let’s call it ‘Late Model Nostalgia Super Stock’ and made my 1969 GTX obsolete, I felt I needed to better understand the situation.

So in June of 2005 I sought out Dave Duell and asked him the same question.

His answer was that a fundamental principle supported by a majority of the participants was NSS should represent the history of factory direct involvement and that happened more in the early to middle part of the 1960-1970 decade.

He added that including the later time period also made allowing the ‘pony cars’ a concern; that most do not accept Mustangs, Camaros, etc. and the late ‘60’s models as true factory Super Stock with the exception of the 1967 RO23 cars and the 1968 package Barracudas and Darts.

In todays TOUGH times I would think that the ABUNDANCE of 1968-1974 cars out there, would be a welcome addition to any venue.

The rules I have seen for the NSS class are very well written.

But it does seem that given a few days of thought, that a similar set could be written for a NPS class. Then the cars count could go through the ROOF.

NSS/NPS class

Talk about people comming out of the wood work to see this.!!!

Yes, an outline of a rule set for Nostalgia Pro Stock could be produced in a few days depending on what expectations people are willing to accept. However, establishing a organization (government) capable of administering those rules is a more difficult process that would likely require more time.

Once established, stability and maintenance are always issues. People spending large amounts of money for equipment need to know the format will not suddenly be changed.

At the race track, people are needed to do technical inspection and race management. Both on and off the track, unforeseen circumstances come up and need to be dealt with.

All this requires a dynamic group with commitment. In most volunteer organizations 10 percent of the people do 90 percent of the work.

The current national rule set for NSS has evolved over the past 20 years. After all this time and work, there still are differences of opinion, as there always will be. But what we have, most importantly, is a large enough group both willing to accept the spirit of the rules and also do the administration.

We have had many discussions about how to best manage the quickest NSS cars, actually they take up most of the debate. NPS has been proposed as a method.

It remains a possible option but the issues of funding and administration generally point to a separate organization. As Doug as previously stated, getting change in current NSS rules has a very low probability.

That doesn’t mean separate organizations could not work together though and even perhaps share staff. A combined NSS/NPS show would be about as good as it gets.