I am in favor of the Nostalgia Super Stock Class as stated on the rules on this thread. You can run max wedge and NSS as seperate classes but personally I would like to see an expanded field and bigger purses than two small classes. Hemi has its own following but I am sure you would see some old hemi cars that could fit the rules better in NSS than the current Hemi configuration. This would not take anything away from the current hemi class in my opinion. I even think Clay City has run a Max Wedge/Hemi combined class for their programs. How about have the Hemi winner run the Max wedge or NSS winner. Now that would be interesting.

Essentially Charlie and Chris has to do what is best for his customers while still filling the voids that are out there. Nostalgia series are gaining a lot of popularity throughout the country and there is a lack of races in the CC Events demographic base. I really don't have a problem beating up on a period correct 60's chevy or ford while a bunch of mopar faithful are cheering you on.

As for sponsors like Indy Cylinder Heads I could see this as an opportunity for more exposure to racers. I know if I was sponsoring a class and giving hard earned money in today's economy I would rather see 60-80 cars with class sponsor stickers than 30-40 cars. It would make sense from a business perspective. I would like to see atleast one race next year like this to see how the response would be. Let me also say I am building my car to be legal in Max Wedge and NSS so I have no problem with rules in the current max wedge class. I will be racing in both classes next year if it is at CC Events or at another promoters events. Shoot I have even considered putting a 4 speed in for the UMTR races.