Quote:

Quote:

I cannot speak for Charlie or CC Events, but I do work with them very closely... I am not sure why the poll was even posted to be honest, I do know this.......... Charlie nor Eddie Blankenship or anyone that works for CC Events put it up here on Moparts....

Hey guys, great feed back. As I listed in the opening post. I will print this thread, and make sure that Charlie/Eddie gets it.

I think that getting feedback from ALL Moparts members is great. I do realize that Charlie NEVER gets on Moparts If you have a MOPAR series I would think that Moparts would be your second home
I do know that Charlie & Eddie can get very busy at times......I on the other hand LIVE on the internet

But at any rate feedback is great, no matter what.

Someone did make a great suggestion that there be a mtg held in Feb.

But (IMO) I think if getting anything resolved is gonna happen in 2009, it needs to at least get started ASAP. I also realize that Charlie took a HUGE loss in 2008 (rain). So maybe, just maybe this NSS class is one of the keys to making sure that the CC Events series stays around.

According to the poll 79% like the idea

Anyway THANKS again to all who have thrown in their .

Signed, Kevin Christner
(NOT part of CC Events)

Just a guy who decided to jump in after seeing the other 2-3 threads about the CC Events 2009 season.

.Kumbaya to everyone

Kevin, Just a few things I want to address:
#1. I just feel the entire thread was misrepresenting of Chrysler Classic Events..You named it The "Official CC Events NSS Class Poll"
No one at CC Events was asked if they wanted it or if you could represent them on Moparts...
While every one has and is entitled to have an opinion, there was nothing that involved CC Events in this poll except the opinion of members here on Moparts. Some who race with the Series and others who have never even attended a CC Event. I just don't think it was fair to name it to sound like CC Events was interested or even considering a new class.. They were blindsided..
I know that you and several others on Moparts feel that Charlie should be on here, but he works hard and has little interest in web threads.. His main focus is to make the Chrysler Classic Events Series the best it can be for 2009 and with the tough economic times we are all facing it is a real tough situation for him to consider any other major changes at this time..

#2. It takes major bucks to run and maintain a Series such as CC events. It is real tough to try and sell any type of Sponsor on anything today.
Many of the sponsors the Series had in 2008 are still on the fence.If CC Events were to change the Max Wedge Class to accomodate the NSS guys, You could not even imagine the uproar that would have with-in the series... You saw some of it just on this thread, and most of the Max Wedge guys never get on Moparts anyway. Sponsors like TTI, who sponsors the Max Wedge Class would also have to be consulted with before any real decision could be made as well...So that too would be another major issue that CC Events would end up having to deal with, Not the guys here on Moparts posting on the thread.....

Many on here want to point at St. Louis and talk about how well that NSS works.. There is a reason for that..
Doug Duell and a great group of people that were dedicated to making it happen , rolled up their sleeves and put the effort and hours in it to create that event.. They also found sponsors and run the show on their own. In fact last year Duell had put together a deal with Charlie to run a NSS Race at US 131, and we all know about the rain that just wiped out that race completely. So CC Events could be open to a NSS Race such as what Doug Duell has put on. I am just unclear why some are pushing for an entire schedule of races and changing existing rules. That does not seem very fair to thoose who have supported the CC Events Series.

#3. If you really want to put together an Event or a NSS race or Class, then I say, you do your homework as Doug Duell has done at St. Louis. You put together a proposal that includes the rules and has the outline of how the race will run. You also find a sponsor to put up the purse...
Then you approach CC Events with a plan. That I think would be a lot more affective than "just pissing in the wind" as Bob George put it...

I am not here to bash any one , or stir the pot any more, I guess I would just like people to understand it takes a lot more than just saying " I want to see a NSS Class at CC Events for 2009"
It takes a lot of effort, money and dedication to make it happen.

No matter, this is only the way I see it, my opinion just as everyone who is on this board is allowed to do....Paul