Quote:

I hear good things about NENDRA, however I must admit that the rules are a little lax for my blood. I think if you are too loose, it encourages just the regular old bracket guys to compete, and it loses it's uniqueness. I can run Pro ET anywhere.

I like the Beaver Springs rules....he is not a stickler about tire size, but it has to have two four barrels, be a full size car (62-67)with a big block. Period correct hood scoops, no electronics, no butchered wheelwells, full interior, etc. No little stuff, small blocks or funky hood scoops. SS/AA cars are OK, because of their uniqueness and heritage.

I wouldn't mind trying NENDRA, but I think they only race in New York and New Jersey. I think there may be a race in Numedia, Pa., but that is still a hoof for me.

I know there was some discussion regarding a CC event at Beaver Springs, and it may happen in the future, but I think that Charlie is rightly holding his cards close to the vest right now. But, I still believe it has to be all Chrysler. They don't let me run a those Chevy and Mustang events.

422 Motorsports has a great All Star series....check it out on their site.

Steve,thanks for the kind words. the problem 1st with 422 motorsports is that with Dink and his crew its all about the money and not the racer and the rules are governed around there cars.
i tried to race with them 2 years ago with free admission from alex knaap at englishtown and Dink told me i couldnt run with them because i had no lettering on the body of my car. i was in the staging lanes and he told me to go race with heavy. for the last 35 years i raced with no decals and lettering on my car. im not a billboard and i dont like it. 422 only wants lettered cars and his attitude if piss poor.
my 63 plymouth max wedge is completely nostalgic, probably more nostalgic than anyone running that day. original crossram right down to the original pushbutton trans. front and rear bench seats and original max wedge hood and scoop.

As far as NENDRA is concerned, i set up the organization in order to get all Detroit muscle to race from 61-73.
there was nothing like it around and i think i found a niche.
i do however race with ECNSSA and there rules are stricter but allow single 4 bbls to most of there events. there super stock spectacular and beaver springs race only allow 2-4bbls.
its a long tow for me to beaver springs and i have been loaded 2 years in a row to attend but weather held me back.