WOW....... what a thread.

We will have NSS at the Mopars at the Motorplex race April 18, 2009 ....... bring 'em and run 'em. We had a good car count last year for the first race (16) and made exceptions to the tire and carb rules to allow "cars that looked right" to run with us.

As far as getting CC to have a NSS class open to all makes, I am sure that if they thought it could bring more cars and make the event more money they would look at it, but it is after all "Chrysler Classic Events", which tells me that this is their intent and nothing else...... just Mopars. Try to get Super Chevy or Fun Ford to have an open NSS class and they will laugh at you.

AMX in NSS...... sure they are the latest model cars allowed in NSS but as I see it, these were the only S/S cars AMC ever built and maybe that is why they allow them. I have thought about building an AMX for NSS but the cost of an intake is way out there if and when you can find one. I am sure there would be a few more show up to run NSS if they allowed a single 4 bbl on them.

Having been involved with NSS and NMC for several years with the Texas Outsiders, and been involved in helping set up the races we have had, it takes a lot of work to round up sponsors, let the racers know when and where the race will be and make it attractive enough to get the cars to make a long tow to get way down here to race. Adding NSS to CC would require more manpower to just work on that class alone.

I am not voting in the poll because I do not have a NSS car (and since my soon to be ex is getting my Spirit, I don't have anything to race now) and if I did, traveling to the CC events would be out of the question for me at this time.