Originally Posted by AndyF
I decided to pull out the 4.56 gears and swap in a set of 4.10 gears. Also decided to pull the fuel cell out of the trunk and build a custom 20 gallon tank to fit in the kick up area between the wheel tubs. Both projects are underway but neither one is proving to be easy! I was able to pull the Dana 60 apart but putting it back together requires some tools I don't have so I'm waiting for those. Doctor Diff set me up with the new gears as well as an install kit and a bunch of advice. I've also been following the FSM as well as this document from the Strange Engr website: https://www.strangeengineering.net/dana-60-gear-installation/

The FSM is useful but not spot on since the Strange S60 has side adjusters and some other little details that are different. Besides, the FSM approach is super complicated with expensive checking tools for pinion depth and such. Everyone I've talked says to just bolt it together, check the pattern and go from there.

The fuel cell project has been interesting. I think I've figured out how to solve the various issues I had with the cheap off the shelf fuel cell. I did a bunch of research into fuel cells and came to the conclusion that to run an EFI system on the street I needed a custom tank. I wasn't confident enough in my design knowledge to draw up a tank and have it built so I decided to work with a local chassis shop to customize an existing tank. We're adding a sump, replacing all of the mounts and brackets, redesigning the vent system and the filler tube. I'll snap some pictures once I start getting parts in hand.

I am doing a gear change on my s60, I bought the Strange spanner tool, you can use a punch, but the tool works great. I went from 3.54, to a 4.10

1968 Charger COLD A/C Hilborn EFI
512ci 9.7 compression, Stealth heads, 4.10 gear A518 ODtrans 4100lb,10.93 full street car trim
2020 T/A 392 Stock 11.79 @ 114.5