Originally Posted by AndyF
That could explain the clunking at low speeds, not sure if it is the clunk I hear during gear changes. When I put the car in reverse it clunks so I think that is the Locker since the car is barely moving. I don't think the Calvert setup would make any noise when the car is barely moving, especially in reverse. When driving at low speeds over rough pavement I hear a fair amount of clunking from the rear end and I'm guessing that noise is the Calvert load bar hitting the springs. From inside the car it all kind of sounds the same but I think the noises are caused by different things.
I used to put a piece of heater hose on those load bars. Now I have a piece of 1/4" thick polyurethane glued to the top of the spring. The poly holds up better.
.It doesn't bang on the 1-2 shift but it bangs hard on the 2-3 shift. Not sure why that is. I did try a 2-3 shift while I was on the throttle and it didn't bang so

At part throttle the shift overlap between second and third will pull the load bar off of the spring and then slam it back down. Not nearly as noticable on a full throttle pass. That overlap is a balance of valve body, clutch pack springs, kd lever ratio, kd lever adjustment, kd spring. Careful here because if it doesn't have some overlap it will flare.

Last edited by GomangoCuda; 02/24/20 02:08 AM.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.