Originally Posted By Sport440
[quote=fourgearsavoy][quote=AndyF]Decided to install a new Strange pinion yoke with an 8 magnet trigger wheel. This will give me driveshaft speed as well as a signal for the speedometer. Maybe even an odometer? Or I might use GPS for the odometer, not sure yet.

No need to use a GPS for the odometer. The same trigger wheels signal sent to a Electronic programmable speedometer actuates both MPH and odometer miles. You may even be able to Share the signal from just one pick up to feed your both your Electronic Speedometer and your other driveshaft race pac system.

Autometer sells Electronic programmable speedometers. The one I bought was the ATM 1388, for like 130 bucs. registered MPH and odometer miles with the same signal. Installed it on a 38ft, oil well swab truck, Pretty trick for a rig like that.

Further, programing it wasn't that complicated as you would think. You would think that you would have to consider Rear gear ratio and tire size, to figure all the math out.

Nope, all that was needed was to go measure out a mile with a vehicle and mark it, then get at the start line, with the rig, hit the programming button on the speedo, and drive to the measured mile, re hit the program button, and you done. .

I haven't figured out the programming end of it yet but the plan at the moment is to run this car without any gauges. I'll just use the digital dash from the EFI system and push all of the data thru it. So the digital dash will have driveshaft RRP and a speedo if I can figure it out and an odometer if I can figure it out.

I've torn out the dash and will not install anything other than a bracket for the LCD. I think I'll also have a starter button and a ignition switch and maybe a headlight switch. Everything else will be controlled by the EFI.