Originally Posted By fourgearsavoy
Originally Posted By AndyF
Decided to install a new Strange pinion yoke with an 8 magnet trigger wheel. This will give me driveshaft speed as well as a signal for the speedometer. Maybe even an odometer? Or I might use GPS for the odometer, not sure yet.

One problem I ran into is that this pinion yoke is 1/2 inch longer than the yoke that was on there so now I'll need to shorten my brand new driveshaft.

Couldn't you just move the rear back 1/4" and the drivetrain forward 1/4" and not cut that beautiful drive shaft shruggy Just put a spacer on the front spring hanger and call it good twocents

Gus beer

I couldn't think of a good alternative to cutting the driveshaft so I shipped it back to Strange. They only charge $80 to shorten the driveshaft so I figured that was the cost I had to pay for changing my mind.

The engine and rear end location are fairly well locked in at this point. The headers are so big that they dictate where the engine has to be and the rear leaf hangers have been welded into the frame so there is no easy way to move them. The rear tires are very large and the tubs were built around them so I don't think I want to move the rear axle.