Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by ZIPPY
I heard about Car Craft today and this project was the first thing that came to mind.

Yeah it isn't just Car Craft though, it appears that all of the Motor Trend magazines have either been down sized or eliminated. I checked in with the editors at other magazines to see if they wanted any articles for 2020 and none of them have any budget. So it appears the faucet has been turned off. If it stays turned off that will ripple thru the entire aftermarket sector since there was a lot of cash that flowed out from the magazines to various shops and installers who then used aftermarket parts who then got free advertising who then turned around and paid for advertising. So it was an entire ecosystem where the magazine took in advertising dollars and then sent those dollars out to shops and installers and freelancers. Without magazine funding the whole system will break down. Not sure what will replace it.

I saw and posted the whole list on another site that I use way more than this one, and yep it is indeed brutal.

Guess I am one of those folks who are partially to blame, as I haven't purchased one in many years for a variety of reasons.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri