Originally Posted By AndyF
As far as I can tell if you have a 5 point (or 6 point) roll bar then the main hoop needs to be 1 3/4. That is good to 10.00.

The 8 point cage can be 1 5/8 mtl and is required if you get into the 9's.

The main hoop on this cage is 1 5/8 so I think I'm just going to cut the whole thing out and start over.

Any recommendations for a roll bar kit? I see that Jeg's has them, Art Morrison, Comp Engineering, etc. From what I can tell all of the kits are really crude with no fishmouthing on the tubes or anything like that. It is basically just a bunch of straight tubes in a box plus the main hoop. The rest is DIY.

I have put 2 of Chris Alston Chassisworks kits in A-bodies. I think they do a good job for a decent fit especially the main hoop AND side door-bar fit. I have helped install a Jeg's kit in an A-body...it fit poorly. It would be nice and package easier (save time with tin) if you had the rear bars bent to go thru the speaker package tray and weld them down near where a shock crossmember could be intersected. For future owner of course. Call BondoBob...I'd bet he would bend and pre-fit a cage and drop it in the mail..worth a call anyway.

Last edited by HardcoreB; 07/26/17 09:43 AM.