Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mike, i would love to find/see this "sidebar" article you speak of! YOUR HOMEWORK assignment is to find this article!!! LOL

The sidebar (actually a 3 page article with several pics) with the M-code Dart appeared in the June 1969 DRAG RACING magazine. They pop up on e-bay often, I got my copy for around $15.00

I have 2 of those mags. The only thing stated at the end of the article is that there is only 300 Darts to be built, so you won't see them at a dealer, only from delivery truck to the customer! (not quoted). Makes no mention about M-Barracudas.

Actually that's not the side-bar article that I was referring to. It was in one of the other magazines in a section at the front where they talk about "rumors" or industry water cooler talk for lack of better terms. I have copies of the Drag Racing Magazine issue/article (that's a scan of the first page of the article I made up there) and it's not the side-bar that I saw back in '69. I'd have to look at some '68 early '69 issues of Hot Rod or Car Craft or one of the "major" publications from back then, who knows it could have been in Motor Trend for how bad my memory has gotten......but I'm sure it was just a short one or two paragraph side-bar saying the 440 was going into the '69 Dart and I started my search for a Dodge dealer that knew..........never found one in the Western Pennsylvania area ......would have been F8 green with a black interior, no vinyl roof and a white tail stripe...no black tail stripe, or white.....I was young and couldn't make up my mind on the tail stripe color.........but for sure GREEN and black interior