Quote:

Quote:

Is it me or are the '69 M-code Cuda's and M-code Dart's not worth much or "the best kept secret" collector muscle car off the radar screen out there today? I mean look at the numbers built compared to '69 M-code B-bodies and wing cars and a few others. Seems you can find complete nicely restored M-code Dart's and Cuda's for about the price of barely driver quality M-code A12's or barely driver quality '70+ Cuda's and Challenger's what's with the low value of the M-code Dart/Cuda Maybe I should keep my trap shut and start looking huh

Let's see '69 M-code Dart production was 640 versus 1907 '69 M-code Super Bee's on the Dodge side

and 1412 '69 M-code road runners versus XXX? M-code Cuda's on the Plymouth side.......why the low value................well at least the package code has a higher number; A12 vs A13

MikeR

First of all hipo A bodies have been lower price than hipo B an E bodies for years only seeing a jump in value shortly before the price crash of old muscle cars in the end of 2006. They have probably held their prices better through the crash than some of the other cars.

Yes, the A body 440 cars have always been under valued for what they are but were quickly overshadowed when the E bodies with 440-4 and 440-6 cars became available the next year.

The problem with them is that just like big block E bodies (maybe moreso with As) is the are not a very well balanced car for much other than straight line and probably harder to launch due to their light rear end. Most A body guys LOVE the well balanced, fast, high, winding small blocks that were very quick with a 340 with 3.91 gears. These cars are a force all in their own. They are definately better built than an E body and I personally think better built (tighter) than the B bodies when they were all new.

A bodies never got much respect in the Mopar camp even though they were a nice, fast little car. Personally I LOVE them. They are a great car to drive these days as they are about the same size inside and out as todays full size cars. Many of the young guys that grew up with the modern cars of today find the B bodies way too big compared to what they are used to.

Look at a 68 GTS or 69 Swinger with the body lines, performance hood and tail lights. They LOOK like a baby RR.

They are a great car to drive these days as they are about the same size inside and out as todays full size cars.

That's funny because I wanted a '69 383 GTS back in '69 and my mother asked "why do you want a COMPACT CAR" which they were back then Then I found out by a magazine article that Dodge was going to do the M-code 440 Dart and couldn't find a Dodge dealer that knew anything about it and got laughed out of a Dodge dealership when I asked a sales guy about the 440 in the Dart....sales guy shouts to another sales guy down a hallway and he laughs too and says "yeah they'll be putting the Hemi in the family station wagon too....more laughing and I leave I was so mad and that I decided not to even get a 383 GTS and ordered a '69 383 road runner showed them...and even came to a complete stop in front of the Dodge dealership with the rr one day and lit em up with the 3.91 Suregrip felt better

MikeR