Quote:

I wonder if Chrysler was allowed to use the extra 140 M-code Dart production to make the homologation of 500 per model (for the Cuda) that seemed to have been the number of the day for approval? 640 Dart's and 360 (358) Cuda's gave them the 1000 units needed

As I said the only way I knew about them back in '69 was from an actual small "sidebar" article in one of the magazines. You'd pass right by it if you were not interested in the Dart or Cuda it was so short. That magazine photo I posted above was a test done in Drag Racing Magazine that headlined the Sox 6BBL road runner test and said nothing about the M-code Dart test on the cover so even the media did their part to hide them too

(sorry about Nick Corbo )

MikeR

Mike, i would love to find/see this "sidebar" article you speak of! YOUR HOMEWORK assignment is to find this article!!! LOL
I knew a guy that told me his relative was a test car driver or writer back then and they got a M-code A-body(forget if Dart or 'cuda) and it had a 6pak on it! So maybe Chrysler first thought of offering the same package as the B-body brothers?

As far as RoadRunnerJD's comment about auto vs 4spd....All my cars are 4spd and i thought i would NEVER own an automatic muscle mopar including a M-code 'cuda('cuda cause that's what i'm into, love Darts also). Well thinking this i even did a trade/cash deal for a set of REAL M-code A-body exhaust manifolds i had for a rare '69 340 'cuda(A56) 4spd coupe!.....Remember i said i wouldn't own a automatic car?...Well out at the Mopar NATS one summer i rode in my friends A12 RR AUTOMATIC car and it was an awesome RIDE(won't go into details how i thought we were going to crash at high speed going sideways...thanks to Ed Cook for saving it and Scotty's A12 auto pulling ahead). I said to myself the automatic was really ok! Long story short, there's now 2 M-code 'cudas in my stable(you can see the 1st one i bought earlier in this post, sold my real '70 440-6, bench 4spd, Bee to buy it)!!! Also the caretaker of the registry below!!!

I'm the CARETAKER of Weinstats '69 440 'cuda registry and have 104 of the 360 cars to date. 84 fastbacks/20 coupes. Always looking for new(REAL M-code) '69 440 'cudas to add to the registry so drop me a note if any are found or known. This isn't a publicly released registry. Thanks, Dave