Hey thanks for chiming in guys, sincerely.

I have to apologize the last few pictures were pretty rough....they are screenshots of a video clip I'll post the link to.

Just like paint and bodywork, it seems no two people do cut and buff exactly the same.

The brand of clear coat I used has a forum just like this one and though I did not register,
I read everything I could, and I am partially/mostly following the process someone had good luck with that posted about it.

A clean surface and tools really is faster, and more efficient....no doubt about it.

The build-up of used up compound and clear is the downfall of the old twisted wool pad....that build up and being too heavy-handed with the rotary seems to be the source of most swirls and holograms.
I've self trained to use the spur on it but it makes a huge mess and doesn't seem to get all the crud out like washing it does. To get around that I just wash it every so often
and I try to use some finesse and a light touch with it/try not to get impatient. 2500 scratches polish up pretty quickly.

Right quarter is sanded 800/1000 (nibs and error correction), and all over with 1500 to just below the "eyebrows".
Right above and right below those "eybrows" take some extra effort to really clean up.

Here's a link to a short video clip... up the volume if you like Eric Johnson.

Roof is about half done.

gtxroofbuff.jpggtxroofbuff2.jpg

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri