Correction, it was 2005.

My daily was wrecked by a drunk/scary high speed incident, I paid Dwain C. in Wyoming for a quarter panel, a great guy whos username was JackB near Belvedere Il picked up and held it for me strictly out of love of the hobby and wanting to help, drove there and picked it up in my then-GFs/now wife's borrowed minivan, my buddy Todd helped me install it, we did other metal work besides....I painted that giant 23 foot long green car complete...just for the experience and because I liked the car....my second overall paint job......and the die was kinda cast.

That was the point I progressed from pop rivets and bondo with spray bomb primer/lacquer topcoat
to proper welded body repairs/panel replacement and epoxy/urethane/base-clear metallic paint, and nothing but 2k refinish products.
Sure, I made a bunch of mistakes, it is inevitable, but the green car sat outdoors for about 15 of the past 17 years, and most of the paint is still on it....it fared much better than the GTX.

Big green car repair was on the General board back then, but old posts from General have been blown away.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri