It's nice to slow down and just pick away at the little repairs now. NGL, there are many needed but all pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. Have knocked out several minor sags and dirt nibs.

at the previous paintjob/Polara, the whole job kicked my butt and I was fearful of making the problems worse, the result is I did not correct everything that needed it. The upside is, I can view all those errors today as a reminder of how the GTX would be different.

So I'm fixing everything that needs it, best as I can but am not going for a totally smooth show car appearance, as I want to keep as much material on the car as possible for future wear and tear.
I don't mind a little bit of texture here and there as it does not show badly on a silver, and I want to be able to polish it out multiple times without worry of running out of material.
Certain specs and insect marks I am choosing to leave alone/just don't care about them, and many of them won't be noticed by most people anyway.

I'm going to have to dismantle the homemade booth today.
The whole experience of conceptualizing, building, and working it it was pretty amazing. The plastic is going to be re-used for another spray structure at a buddy's place.

The job is overall quite clean for a garage job and I attribute it to the low budget homemade booth + the spray suit I wore + I actually ran in the house and took a shower right before basecoat, because I was concerned I'd sweat on the car, and that helped alot. The location of the dirt that did get into it seems directly related to the homemade booth setup. I've studied that topic for awhile now and there is a ton of good info online. Most of the dirt is on the tops of the fenders/maybe not too mysterious since that's where my air intakes from the outside are. The two side air intakes that go to the back of the shop (which is highly unclean at the moment), did not seem to pass hardly any dirt at all through the filters. I know the side intakes were functioning because I started out with only one 30x30 air intake, and found the plastic was getting pulled inward about 1 foot.......so I added a second air intake until it was very close to neutral, only slightly negative, plastic still pulled in but only a couple inches. 5 box fans below the door + one wall exhaust fan up high. There were multiple leaks in the booth, too time consuming to try to seal up the corners and so on, but the leakage areas did not seem to pass any dirt. Overall, for what I have in it, I was pretty impressed with the performance of the booth, after I added the second air intake it could evacuate clear coat fog in a little over a minute.

On a fun note:
This bad boy seemed to be having a great time, but then I came along with a pair of tweezers and ended the party.
But not before I got a funeral portrait. He was part of the job too, whether I like it or not LOL......

gtxclearcoat9.jpg

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri