Originally Posted by ZIPPY
Thanks all.

I'm still picking away at the paint. When I'm not chasing dirt bumps I'm chasing tiny scratches, but often both.
Got it unmasked and probably .001% of the mess cleaned up.

Hats off to the guys who can take something like this, DA color sand and just bang out those kind of jobs.
I tried doing that for less than a minute and hated it, it all happens too fast......a novice like myself needs time to really look and see what's happening in the moment.
The upside is, I ended up liking the 1500 green film/DA paper alot better than the standard paper for hand sanding so that worked out.

So far everywhere I tried to rush the process didn't work at all, so....forget it....I will just take my time.

With the Menards temporary booth lights taken down, the color flop from the different K factor of the shop lights is really apparent.

Looks good Rich. Are you going to put the hood stripes back on? When I painted the Road Runner, I left the car on the rotisserie, and it made the job of wet sanding, and buffing WAY easier. You realize how big of land yachts these cars are after a day of wet sanding...

69 GTX 68 Road Runner