Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel

When you hammer and dolly those door skins onto the door frame, does that cause any distortion on the outside edge of the door skin? I've always wondered that.

No, it doesn't seem to cause any distortion in the worked areas, but as Jeff referred to... doing it right takes a pretty light touch/high volume of light hits in a small area.

If a person wailed on it too hard, or misused (overtightened, even by a tiny amount) one of the special roller-type tools out there for this purpose, that would cause some damage.

These particular ones were wavy in weird places. One had sort of a vertical low spot/wave issue about 3/4 of the way back, and both of them were
wavy a couple inches above the bottom seam, between the bottom and the character line. That might be why they were discounted/on sale?
While I'm pretty confident that my installation didn't cause any of the issues I had to correct (because the issues were too far away from the worked area), I can't actually guarantee it.
I'm not trained and these are the first I've done, so they are what they are. They're as good as I can make them.

Thanks Ted/mods for letting this stay in the race area for now.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri