Interior of new skin, scuffed e-coat and applied a few coats of epoxy.
Next day, masked off and shot a thinner (lightweight racing?) layer of sound deadener just like OE, but less sloppy.

Added the rectangular bumper hole to the repaired area of the structure, hammered and dolly the skin partially into place, (not shown) test fit on the car to confirm gaps were correct, pulled back off, hammer and dolly work to finish the skin install, spot welded the skin to the structure every 6 inches or so, prepped/smoothed the welds. Flipped it over, removed ecoat, 3 coats of epoxy, minor filler work, sealed bodywork with epoxy, (shown) 3 coats of 2k surfacer.

Tonight, guide coat and blocking. I think I got this one straighter, earlier/up front than the other side.

Goal with every panel is to repair everything, block each individual part out to 220, then when all panels are to that point, block the whole
vehicle in 320 + whatever finer grit I'll probably decide to go with. Basecoat TDS says 400 dry, 500 wet. My sprayout over 600-sanded 2K looks nice. Will probably get some extra materials, and shoot a whole old door skin or the remnants of a quarter panel for practice and to decide which one really suits me better.

When this door is finished to 220 that will complete the first stage of my master plan for the exterior+ trunk.

Engine compartment, cowl, bulkhead and A pillars will come next.
The engine is still in the car, so that's going to require a little bit of work to pull the 451.
Being a sentimental idiot, I will need to hear it run again before it comes out
and plan to run plenty of fogging oil through it.

door17.jpgdoor18.jpgdoor19.jpg

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri