An update on the GTX for...anyone who cares I guess....Most of this is already ancient history, but some expressed interest.
FB friends already know + I'm filling up memory cards on an old clunker device I leave in the shop for stuff like this.

I'd fired up the 572 Hemi on 4-26-20 after having worked from home about a month and a half.
The extra time with the commute gone really helped me wrap up the engine project.

It was peak CV time and emotions were high. Maybe more on that later, or not.

The GTX was the most logical destination for the engine.
Couple friends said just throw the engine in, but I felt that was not a great idea as I
knew there was a small weak spot on one frame rail directly
opposite where the motor plate would attach + the car just looked bad and I wanted to get after it. So I tore the fenders and front end metal
off and repaired rust, replaced both front fenders with some better OE ones, converted a 68 fender to '69 in the process,
blasted and epoxy primed the exterior stuff,
filled, block sanded, 2k primer/blocked some more and stopped at a middle of the road point, when it was ready for 320 blocking.

Also stripped, blocked/filled, and reworked the fiberglass hood, but tbh I am not sure I will use it yet/may look for a better one.
The end refinish of the hood was posted here:
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2893208/re-an-organisol-adventure.html

Also the right apron looked like swiss cheese on this car, + had a tear in it from a previous altercation.
Previous owners installed the coil and ignition module in apparently
5 different places, and I admit I was not kind to it either. the appearance of it drove me nuts for a long time.
So I cut that out and welded in a repro.

Not pictured...also rounded up the stock air grabber hood that I ran for a short while in the early '90s, which will help with front
end fitting + I might as well restore an original style hood too, while I'm at it. might use it someday. The car did not come
with an air grabber originally but other than the weight I liked that style of hood without the ducting, it was very useful on the street for letting heat
out.

By early fall (no leaves on the trees, as you can see), I had the front end where I thought it needed to be.

I took the Liberty of adding the bullet turn signal indicators, mine is a September '68 build, (edit) as best I can tell the car was built with the rectangular
style (it had holes in the fenders)but I never cared for those compared to the bullets....

Wanted to go after this stuff for a long time. Now was my chance.

gtx prog 001.jpggtx prog 002.jpggtx prog 003.jpggtx prog 004.jpg
gtx