Not much of an update, but maybe better than nothing.

Got the wheels and tires back on, temporarily bolted the dash and steering column back on, intend to get it moving under it's own power again just for movement in and out of the shop. Sorted out wiring and got it to crank/have ignition and oil pressure. Just need to rig a temporary fuel system since the tank is on the shelf.

All the while, started struggling with the humid weather and especially with a couple errors that are 100% my fault.

As is normal in auto body, there is more than one way to repair the problems....one carries more risk of failure and is less work than the other, creating a bunch of overthinking nonsense that I can't stand. It got bad enough that I reached out to a FB group for support
and I got some great responses (only like two horrible ones/easily rebuffed and ignored). The situation is very common for a rookie
to have to redo things a little.

The bad spots actually don't bother me at all right now b/c I'm so pleased with the overall look and outcome of the job.

However I'm pretty sure 5 years from now they will totally piss me off, and might lead to not maintaining the exterior at all again/my previous horrible attitude (it's a failing). When I say "to hell with it", I'm usually serious.

If that happens I'll end up right back here, right back where I started and that is not the goal, those days are over, so I need to do a few repairs and set myself up for the future.

I've got to admit the mental game of this stuff is no joke, I never thought this would be a problem but when the car came out better than
expected I started considering future standards rather than today's standards, and really got stuck for a minute.

gtxcowlold.jpg

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri