Detail on the trunk finish panel refinish.

started off with a "new" (much less pitted than what I had) replacement from a sport satellite, stripped it, "liquid masked" the shiny areas and applied epoxy,
then the black, then masked the black off with 2" tape, applied the textured silver, pulled the tape, solvent wiped the shiny areas, then applied the
red with a brush.

This is probably the third or fourth time I've refinished these things in decades of ownership so I had a plan together, but the first time starting with a pretty nice part,
first time using epoxy and lucking into a very close to correct textured silver. Also probably the best overall outcome.

I tried to buy more of the textured silver, it really had the "close to original" look I wanted, but it had been obsoleted.
That's when I mail ordered a spare can and paid a little extra to just have it. I might try to dig up some more of it.
I'm most likely going to do the grille in the same textured silver. It really looks the part but I'm pretty sure it is a slightly lighter shade than stock which is fine with me.

trunk finish panel refinish 1.jpgtrunk finish panel refinish 2.jpgtrunk finish panel refinish 3.jpg

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri