Originally Posted by ZIPPY
Originally Posted by AndyF
I have about 200 subscribers to my YouTube channel and my videos are just short clips shot with a cell phone. Some have voice over, some are just dyno pulls or engine shots with no narrative. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoSY4bQ7I23XK834NLVTC9w

I'm going to start shooting with another camera and working to improve the quality of the videos. I don't think I'll make much money off of it but I think I can provide tech information to a wider audience using YouTube than the old magazine article gig. The magazine stuff has just about gone away.

Had you not started off as a famous parts manufacturer and author before doing youtube, maybe things on Youtube would be slightly different?

Not trying to be patronizing or blow smoke by saying that, just making the point that people are online looking for you and whatever you've put out there because of previous activities.

I do have a separate automotive channel that I have not kicked off, other than putting a name to it.
Did that because I have just about as many views for music and guitar stuff as I do for automotive stuff, and I don't feel my name has much going for it in terms
of marketability, so probably better to separate things.

For a basic nobody like me, I think the trick would be to not have any expectations and just try to help people out and talk about topics they're interested in.
One of them should be the legend of the 451CI Chrysler B engine, and I'll have to drop your name if/when I do that.

I suppose 451boy could stop by to help you kick off your channel