I started removing rust from the roof/original vinyl roof car, and it was so thin it holed through.
To patch, or replace? Went through a few scenarios. Could have patched it and did vinyl again but decided to ditch the vinyl
and make it as close to new again as I could.

So, I ended up replacing all that other stuff and the roof skin too.

All the problems you've heard about with reproduction metal fit+fit of OE parts where they interface,
are all true. I had to rework all the same stuff that everyone else did. I've documented all that with my own pics
and can get into that later. Those areas and the rework of them are why not anyone can just replace the panels, and you need
considerably more skills than just a "parts replacer". I knew it going in and just took it as a challenge. Overall I'd say the products
are good, but definitely are not perfect. Part of me wants to complain, the other part of me that wants to learn and
exercise skills shrugs it off. Maybe more on that later.

The roof skin was the nicest fitting repro metal of all pieces used. The dutchman panel was the worst.
Plenty of pics to show later, possibly.....

Had to get creative more than once, The rear down bars were flexed and held up with a ratchet strap to (just barely) allow the one
piece trunk floor to be slipped in from the side, with the wheelhouses and quarter panel cut off. Wasn't sure that would work until I tried it.

Passed alot of time doing all this stuff. I probably make it sound like nothing but it was a pretty big deal for me.
I've since heard from a few FB friends that they found the little incremental progress pics I've posted for awhile
to be uplifting and positive. That was part of how it started...I needed that myself.

gtx prog 009.jpggtx prog 010.jpg

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri