When you look at the pic Monte posted it makes me realize to a point you are all right. I was taught the trans and pinion to be on paralell lines under power but I also agree like on 4wd trucks when the height of the trans and pinion are alot different you wont be able to use the parelell line setup some times. As I say I was taught to have the trans and pinion basically on the same parelell centerlines but not the same line. But that was also for basically stock body cars. I know if I was setting up a vehicle where the trans is alot higher then the diff you may not be able to make the paralell line setup work at all so you have to use common sense and set the u-joints angles as best that can be for the setup. Many times and this happens alot on race cars where you may have to move away some from the therory that we learnt and just use common sense. And also how ever you set it up if you have a vibration you know you have to change it and make it right. Myself I agree with most of what I have read on here as like Monte said with race cars you have to use what works best. Thats also the reason I always check the height of the trans and diff centerlines and draw a pic just so I can kinda see what I want to setup and if it makes sense on that combo.

OK no more fighting as we have to find something else to debate about. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 05/10/15 01:30 AM.