One thing to me is how ever you set pinion angle as I have basically done it by the eng/trans and pinion centerlines paralell under power you always have to check the front and rear joint angles. You should want about .5 but no more then 2 degrees for joint angle. On a street car you want some joint angle so the joint works and keeps itself lubed. If any of them are to much even with the eng/trans and pinion lines parelell then you have to make the changes. Most stock body cars will never run into that but of course race cars with built chassis could have either the trans or pinion higher and to much even when you get the parellel centerlines if the joints have to much workable angle it will cause problems. Then you will have to modify it to correct it. To me thats sorta what Monte is saying about the positive angle which the bottom line is the joint wont work good at that angle. Thats one reason I always make a drawing of what I am working on so I know just what I am working with and if the shaft is running uphill or downhill. But I do use the parelell centerline process and I always double check the joint angles when done to be sure they are also in limits.

Whats the deal with how fast you are in this ??? Does it mean you are stupid if not fast enough ?? grin Ron

Last edited by 383man; 05/08/15 03:02 AM.