www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ-m9ov3wYM

Does this video help (or does it make things worse)? It uses the relationship between the tranny and the drive shaft and the drive shaft and the pinion rather than the relation between the tranny and the pinion.

I guess in an attempt to simplify the subject, the relationship between the tranny and the pinion is often used, and the drive shaft is then omitted from the calculations. Seeing both methods used has caused a good bit of confusion.

And then more confusion comes from the terms we use. On the tranny, we are using the output end to describe it as down. But then on the differential end, the input end to often used to describe the pinion as down.

What is really happening in the OP's example, is that the tranny line is descending from front to rear on the car and the differential line is ascending from front to rear on the car. So, while the pinion points down, the differential line is pointing up.

All that causes some people to measure the angle between the shaft and a yoke and while others measure the angle between the tranny and the pinion. And then some people use the direction the pinion is pointing while other people use the direction the line of the differential is pointing.

I am not trying to argue which way is right. I am just trying to describe what is I think is happening to cause all the confusion on this subject.

Does Calvert use the tranny to pinion measurement or drive shaft to pinion measurement?

Master, again and still