Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By NITROUSN
Monte on this pic the shaft is out of phase and the red dust by the rear cap indicates a bad joint.

So is your suggestion to point the pinion straight ahead, to "equal" the planes? Can you imagine the angle the shaft will be on? Sorry, believe I will PASS on the fix...........And the red you see is not dust, but red colored dust seals on the joint. I have had this thing a LONG time. I believe if it had a bad joint, I would know it........Plus, this is how it came from the factory

Monte.. he is referring to the location of the U-joint caps
but if I recall that spline section is a one location only so
you cant change it... but normally the caps are square to each
other
wave
True..........just caught the "phase" comment, assumed he was talking about something else. But you are right, the shaft is out of phase. Don't know if that is a one position slip joint or not. I have NEVER had the shaft out myself, but it doesn't vibrate now, so would hate to fool with it...... Clock it right and it might shake my teeth out........LOL!!!

I bought this thing as a "beater" years ago just to play around with. I don't work on it, I drive it. And today is the first time I have ever even looked at the drive shafts more than passing..........LOL!!!........I do NEED to see if I can clock that cap right though.....good catch

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 05/09/15 04:50 PM.