One last thing.........."static" setting means NOTHING. The car is NOT static, going down the track under power. So, if you go to all the trouble to get "equal angles" when the car is "static" all that goes out the window as soon as you drop the hammer and it separates the rear. Now if static, the pinion already has a "nose up" attitude in relation to shaft, in an attempt to equalize angles, as the rear separates and pinion rolls up this angle gets worse. I fail to see how this could EVER be better.

And how has it been "proven" that setting off the shaft, creates vibration and failures. WHO proved that. I have been doing it my way on race cars for 30+ years and I have never had an issue. So are you saying that nobody who has ever set it the other way has EVER had an issue. Parts break in race cars and that's a fact. If the shaft is out of balance, I don't care how you set it, you will have a problem.

Bottom line, set it how you want, as there is obviously controversy in what is "right" for a race car, really makes no matter to me either car. The only thing PROVEN, is that people don't agree and in the end likely doesn't matter in a race environment, as long as the joint is not at a compromising angle.

Lets see what another "chassis builder" thinks
http://www.wolferacecraft.com/pinionangle.aspx