Originally Posted By DusterDave
Originally Posted By Quicktree
Originally Posted By RV2
Yes I know this topic has been run into the ground but I'm a dummy and I want to get this right the first time.
I have 4 degree down on the tail
I have 7 degree down on the pinion
This is a cal trac setup in an a body anywhere from 3100 to 3300 pounds.
Those reading put me at 3 degrees
Is this ok for a strip car?
better re-calculate that. 4 up on the pinion would put you at 0*, then you would have to roll down to what ever you wanted it set from there. 7 down puts you at 11* down

I was under the impression that you were the undisputed king of pinion angle setting. I seem to remember a video proving it. devil

Based on the measurements provided, the OP's pinion angle is currently 3º down relative to the tailshaft centerline. With leaf springs, I'd shoot closer to 5º, but I don't know how Caltracs affect that.

EDIT: After drawing it out, I agree with the pinion angle champ. The OP is currently 11º down.

Dave, I was going to correct you but you corrected yourself. Yes, the OP is 11* down, To extreme to just Go with.

Id probably spacer up the tail shaft abit and raise up the pinion to get around 4* down max.

To the OP, You are at a True 11* down. Measure your Pinion to Driveshaft to see what number you get there. Lets see in Your case how close to the True pinion angle you can get by measuring between those two. Lets see how That number compares to the True pinion angle.

73 Sport 440, 509 cam w/Eddys 3.91 and 28.1"/27.3 tire. Et. 60 ft. 1.435, 1/8th. 6.61 @ 101.80 mph. 1/4. 10.472 / 127.78 mph. 2950# race/with me,and pump gas.