On the first day, we were thrilled to find out that Rockett brand fuel actually had a distributor on site, and we had an opportunity to purchase product from a long time Hot Rod Drag Week sponsor. We bought 15 gallons of 110 octane from them for Boone to race the Truck on, and to sweeten the mix in the Belvedere while on spray. Between running out of gas on the road, and adding some to the other cars, we had used up the last of it in Memphis, so Boone had nothing to pour into the Barnyard Viper. He grabbed a five gallon jug, his last seven dollars of cash, and headed back over to the vendor's fuel truck.
"I've got a problem", Boone told the guy who sold us the fuel on Monday, "I'm trying to finish up today, but I only have seven bucks left on me..."
"That's no problem!" He smiled as he grabbed Boone's jug, "You were on 110, right?"
"Uh...yeah".
He handed the jug back nearly full, took Boone's five and two ones and said, "Get out there, and get some good runs in to complete your Drag Week!"

Drag Week wouldn't work if it weren't for passionate sponsors, who truly care about the competitors, and the event.

7942981-DSC04131-Copy.jpg (159 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines