I returned from NAPA empty handed, and Boone came back from O'Reilley, much the same way, but he did have some info for me.
"The clerk told me you need to turn just after the energy place, go past the water tower, and you'll see the Post Office on the left." I had told him earlier that I needed to mail some bills that I had put off paying before we left.
"Good, I'll turn off there and catch up with you guys afterwards".
It still wasn't dark when we left Chili's, and it was still darn hot, before we made the eight stop lights to my turn, we had already lost Darren to vapor lock. I made my way to the Post Office, while the Gremlin and Barnyard continued on. Shortly after returning to US-40, it opened up into the scenic Indiana countryside and we were running along at a pleasant 55mph. The "pleasant" part lasted for about 15 minutes, then the ominous black clouds moved in and opened up on us in a torrential down pour! I popped over a rolling hill, and found the Gremlin and Truck limping along at about 20mph, Darren was following, as he had the only car with 4 way flashers!
"James' Garmin says there is a gas station up ahead about a mile", Dale told me over the Phone, so we sought refuge at a Marathon station to wait for the storm to blow over.

This photo was 3 hours later, and only 25 miles further down the road, than the previous one, yeah it was going to be one of those kind of evenings!

7901064-100_0914.jpg (202 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines