"Looked like it went pretty straight", I commented to Boone as he looked for a barrel to dump his used oil in.
"Yeah, I put two more pounds of air in the passenger side ET Street, to try and compensate for the body roll, and it helped a bunch!"
I went over to check on Dale, still under the back of the Gremlin, "I think I broke the shocks on the drive last night, so I'll just have to go up there and ease it out of the hole".
"You knew how much trouble I had with those coil-over kits on my Valiant in 2011, can't believe you didn't swap them out!"
"I was working on the Truck, just ran out of time", he replied.
"Talking about running out of time, how about running the Satellite again for me?"
"Alright." He jumped up and made his way into the nearly empty lanes.
He waited until after the 60ft. to grab the nitrous., lifted momentarily to get the shift into drive, and it nosed over at 900ft., but I was happy with the 12.43-106.
I had that time slip almost to the tower to turn it in when I saw Darren rolling up to the line for his first ever nitrous pass. He hit the bottle right off the line, and the sportsman pros couldn't handle it, so the big barge started sashaying out of the hole, he let off the nitrous, shifted, and then was on and off the squeeze the rest of the way down the track for a 12.42-118.
Two cars later in the same lane, Dale pulled the Gremlin up, footbraked it to about three grand, then rolled into it out of the hole. It stuck, and seemed to move along real well until it flattened out at about 1000ft., but I knew he'd take the 10.98-122.5, and move on to St. Louis. I looked to the return road in time to see Darren blow around Jeff Lutz's 57, obviously in a hurry to get another hit!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines