I relayed the situation to James and Rachael, and added, "Most nice neighborhoods don't like grease monkeys working on jalopies out in front of their picture windows for long, they need to get that thing moving".
We discussed it with Dad and Robert, and decided that they would go ahead to Bowling Green, but when they pulled out, it appeared they were driving back towards Memphis.
"Why'd they go that way?" James looked at me incredulously.
"Dad probably talked them into going back and checking on his favorite boy!"

Thirty minutes later, Boone called us back, "We backed the converter off, found one crank to flexplate bolt a couple turns loose, and one of the converter bolts were loose, but that didn't clear it up".
"Did Robert, Dad, and Rachael show up there?"
"No... I thought they were going on?" He paused, then added, "Lane and his Dad are here though."

I called Rachael and she informed me that Robert wanted to get the rental car turned in that night, so they chose to jump on I-40 to get to Bowling Green, rather than following the route, which is why they headed in the other direction. James and I decided to go back and check on the brothers, figuring we might have to help someone make a decision, and it would be easier face to face, than twenty miles away on a phone!

7939646-100_0958.jpg (110 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines