The Belvedere fired up without a complaint, and James directed me onto the trailer. Next was the Satellite, and we pulled it up and shut it off within a foot of the Belvedere's rear bumper. Darryl was next to us, and appeared to be loaded up and ready to head out, but he was fiddling around under the hood of his 92 Dodge 250 CTD.
"Alternator just quit on me!" He shook his head, I don't know where I'm going to get another one, I guess I can swap batteries with the Dart if I have to".
"They should have them at any parts store", James interjected, "I just put one on my '91 the other day."
I started disconnecting the trailer from my dually, "Take my truck Darryl, and run to the parts store, it's going to be a while before we are ready to get out of here anyway!"
As he drove away, I looked at James, and we both realized that we would be walking back to the pits as I had just gave away our ride!

When we returned, Boone had moved the Barnyard Viper over to an impromptu photo session with his fellow Gasser class competitors. The ragged line in the pits had attracted plenty of attention, and just served to remind everyone that this group was just a little different than the rest of Drag Week.

7943934-SAM_2109.JPG (132 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines