Darren dropped the Charger off in the Sherriff deputy's car port, and we finally started moving once again. I had already received texts from Rachael and Darryl both that it was raining pretty good in the Nashville area, so we knew things would eventually get interesting with the Barnyard Viper and it's ET Streets when we ran into that.
We retraced our steps and ended up at the exact gas station James and I were waiting at when we were told Darren was having trouble. As we were fueling up, we noticed that Alex Taylor and her mom were across the street at the McDonalds, and they appeared to be checking under their beautiful orange and white 68 Camaro. As a 16 year old girl taking on Drag Week with Mom as her co-pilot, they had caused quite a stir, the blue jean shorts simply added to the attention. Before we knew it Michael had sprinted across the four lanes of traffic to offer his assistance.
I walked over to Lane at the pump, "Your Dad seems to move quite fast when there are pretty gals around!"
He laughed, and almost appeared to blush, "Yeah, I'm sure he'll tell us he simply likes to help people, but he's still just a horn-dog!"

The time stamp on the photos indicate that from the Satellite making our last pass at Memphis, to our second visit at this gas station just twenty miles away from the track, we had used up four hours and twenty minutes! That's how long drag week days get a whole bunch longer!

7940252-100_0963.jpg (168 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines