Quote:

Don,
The BV has the lightest rated SS springs under it, and they are 20 years old!

The second stop for a picture on our route, should have been fairly straight forward, as they dumped us back on US-31 North which basically runs parallel with I-65, but it's a divided highway, the crossing street signs are terribly small, and the business we were stopping at had all it's lights out, with only a county pole light out front! We passed it by two miles, then made our way back, finally pulling around the dirt road behind the business and easing up to a large 25 foot rocking chair. When Rachael and I got out to take our picture, it was eerily quiet, so we stretched, walked around a bit, and tried to get a picture that would show the chair and the car in the pitch blackness.

Then, like a scene out of a bad zombie movie, we were surrounded with activity! First, Eddie Miller and his Duster came rumbling into the parking area, followed by his buddy Luke, in his Maverick. We pulled up enough for them to get staged for pictures, then Eddie and I started talking about Ray, and Duster DJ, and the chevy boys and all the internet stuff that had preceded the event.
The conversation was going along great when Eddie said, "Is that Maschmeier?"
Sure enough the low, flat black 68 Camaro with the 4 inch side pipes was coming around the front of the building. Todd and Travis had no sooner extricated themselves from the menacing nitrous burner, than four, yes four of the local police cars pulled in with bright lights and spot lights lighting up the whole scene! Two other Drag Weekers had entered from the other direction, and were now trying to make their way near the rocking chair also! I looked at Rachael and said, "I think it's time for us to move on down the road"!

Only at drag week can you have a mini Elvis in an 8 second NA mopar, and a 7 second second camaro pull up along side you at a giant rocking chair in the middle of the night.

I opted to go with the taillights in my pic as this picture didn't look near this bright on my phone.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340