Dale and I discussed our strategy for putting the Satellite back into Daily Driver quick 32 contention. We were currently at a 12.35 average, and the bump was around 11.95, so essentially we needed to get as close to 11.50 as possible, to pull the average down that much. I had iced the top of the motor down, for quite a while and sent him to the lanes shortly after Boone's run. He pulled into the water box, barely smoked the drag radials, and quickly staged up. He grabbed the bottle right at the hit, and the ole girl rolled over on the springs, but remained hooked up, laying down a 1.625 in 60'. Short shifting to second kept the power rolling on with a 4.618 330', but it popped back hard at the top of second and he had to lift for a tick to get third gear. He recovered quickly and streaked for the finish line clearly under full power, apparently the ice had kept our fuel supply intact all the way down....11.495-117.66 DANG IT!! That's the WRONG side of 11.50!!

In a clear case of whatever you can do, I can do better, Darren pulled the Charger to the line two minutes later and laid down an equally useless 11.451-120.23!

As expected, Boone had failed to turn on Robert's Go Pro, and decided to make another pass with it. They agreed to just leave it on all the way from the pits, and Dale decided that a match against the Truck was just what he needed to get the Satellite on the plus side of 11.50.
The Satellite gave the Barnyard a run for it's money, just four hundredths back at the 330', but this time he floated the valves so hard at the top of second that he had the breather in flames with the ensuing nitrous backfire. He coasted to a 13.06-82.47, while the Barnyard Viper went 11.426-114.91.

Robert's Go Pro in Barnyard

7935713-008.JPG (166 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines