Quote:

You guys are die hards driving that Gremlin with those specs.

What shocked me most was the 6300 stall, 4.56 gears and 5 gal tank.

That had to be only good for 30-40 miles between gas stations.

I had intended to do his another way, but what the heck, I'll just roll with it. Usually I try to flesh out the combinations as the story goes along, but I decided to do this, because with 5/6 different cars, it might get a bit unwieldy!

Boone's truck was a carefully thought out, clean sheet approach, with everything aimed towards Drag Week. The Gremlin is pretty much the exact opposite of that. It's an old bracket car with a bunched of used, recycled, re-purposed parts from several different projects just thrown against the wall, and lets see what happens! The converter and trans are what it took to get a 440, Indy-1, aggressive roller cam combination in a 2750lb chassis barracuda up on the wheel, and through the 1/4 in the 9.30-145 range. The rear gear, wheels, fuel system, batteries were all in the car from it's bracket days. The short block is filled with stuff Wade Metzinger pulled out of his bracket Cuda, because the shear number of runs on the stuff made him nervous. The SR heads were retired from my Dad's Challenger race car after 6 years of racing, and three years of sitting on the engine without the rockers backed off then a year of sitting on the shelf. The core of hot rodding has always been centered around individuals who have the desire, the know how, and not necessarily the funds to accomplish something.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines