Quote:

If you remember my 2011 story, Darren used my 62 Valiant to deliver his daughter to the 50 yard line for Homecoming Royalty. This year Dale's daughter demanded the same of the Barnyard Viper, so it was pressed into "parade car" duties after completing Drag Week. Boone drove it 70 miles each way to meet her wishes!

After that it was the Mopars At The Park race at Tulsa. Dale had his spare powerglide and converter in the Gremlin, So he drove it to the track, with Boone following him in the Barnyard, pulling the trailer which was too big for the Gremlin! The grand entrance, and intense attention for the Truck didn't end well as Boone struggled with dead batteries all day, and only made 2 passes. 11.55-117.8 best, the mph was up, but 60' was a tenth off, as the thirty year old lightweight Super Stock rear springs are just completely dead, and wrapping up. New 002/003 SS springs are awaiting installation as soon as the weather cooperates. The Gremlin responded to a better converter with 10.50's, but still only at 122, as the 440 refuses to pull over 6200 rpm. I thinks it's springs, he thinks it's ignition, both will get changed this winter.

Tell your brothers to look for me next time they have battery problems. I manage an Interstate Battery distributorship that's two miles from the track.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340